Joy is the most wonderful feeling to factor into our day. It heightens the senses, it makes life feel lighter and brighter, and sometimes it even makes us 'jump for joy'. It comes and it goes at lightning speed but luckily there is a never-ending supply to call upon, and it doesn't cost a cent! So why don't more of us include joy in our day?
Maybe we're reserving that feeling for the really big stuff? Maybe we've lost sight of how extraordinary some of our ordinaries are? I think it's time to recall joy into our lives and it can start by simply focusing on being in the moment.
Here's a collection of my little moments of joy for the week:
- A shot of colour in a drab landscape.
- A small bulb poking through the cold ground to acknowledge the end of winter.
- A new puppy as it play-fights with its siblings.
- A gorgeous celebratory cake that records a special day.
- A beautiful frock.
- A job well done.
- A tree full of cherry blossom heralding the start of spring.
Think about recording a week of “joy” in your life, you'll be surprised how many there are and how good it makes you feel!