Vertically challenged? You are not alone! To help you solve any height-related style issues, we’re sharing our best fashion advice for short girls.
- ● Sleek, pointed toe shoes are great to give the illusion of longer legs. Avoid ankle straps – they will shorten your legs visually.
- ● Create nice vertical lines with open, straight panelled jackets and cardigans.
- ● Avoid those jumbo sized totes that you can nearly hide behind – they just make you look tinier by comparison.
- ● Boxy, loose fitting tops – they do just what the name suggests – make you look like a box.
- ● Stripes – flip those horizontal stripes around – vertical stripes will be much more flattering.
- ● Mid-calf length skirts are just unflattering on short women – knee length is your best option.
- ● If you want a longer skirt, try one that drops down at the back, but is slightly higher at the front to show off your legs.
- ● Stick to monochrome or very small patterns – your best look is a simple little shift dress, with a pop of colour in jewellery and accessories.
- ● Choose boots that either finish just below your knee, or on the ankle – a mid-calf boot will visually cut your leg in half.
- ● Fitted clothes are better for you that bulky layers, which just tend to make you look wider.
- ● If you are wearing a belt, make it narrow – wider belts will thicken you through the middle.
- ● V-neck and plunging necklines create the illusion of a longer torso.
And just remember – there are loads of stylish petite women – Madonna, Victoria Beckham, Sarah Jessica Parker – all these glamorous ladies are only 5 foot 3 inches.