Welcome to Part Two of a series of genius fashion tips that are designed to save you both time and money.
● Despite what it says on the tag, wool is best washed by hand. To dry it, use a salad spinner, which releases excess water in seconds.
● Pour a dash of vodka into vase water to extend the life of your flowers.
● Use hairspray to remove a lipstick stain.
● Add a 1/2 cup of white vinegar to the final rinse cycle while doing laundry to maintain the wash of your favourite pair of dark jeans.
● Always dry-clean coats before storing them, and place on cedar hangers inside cloth garment bags. This preserves the fabric and keeps moths away.
● Ideally, a pencil skirt should hit just at the top of your knee. Any lower and it will start to shorten your leg.
● If you've got a closet full of neutrals or blacks, add drama with bright shoes and bags.
● The power of a silk pillowcase isn’t a myth: Not only do they prevent ‘sleep crease,’ they’re much, much gentler on your skin and hair.
● If you find an especially flattering fit from your favourite designer, go ahead and buy doubles. When it works, why question it?
● Wrap an empty bottle of your favourite perfume in a handkerchief and tuck it into your underwear drawer for a subtle scent.
● Use a lemon wedge to remove excess or streaky self-tanner.
● Looking truly sexy involves knowing what to bare-and what to keep under wraps. Choose one body part and show it off. If it's cleavage, don't show your legs. If it's your legs, stay covered on top.