Our Wellington store manager Rose has shared with you all her delicious Cheese Scone recipe. Give it a Wizz today!
1 1/2 C plain flour
2 T baking Powder
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 C wholemeal flour
75g cold butter
1 1/2 C grated cheese, tasty is best but I use whatever we have
1 can reduced cream
1/2 C water, more if needed
- Heat oven to 220 Celeus and place oven rack in centre of the oven.
- In the wizz chop butter, plain flour, baking powder and salt together until butter is mixed through.
- Add the wholemeal flour and cheese and wizz again.
- With wizz running quickly pour in the reduced cream and water mixed together to a soft dough.
- Gently knead on a lightly floured board and make into a disk shape about 3cm thickness.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place onto a floured oven tray and cook for approx 15 mins or until golden and lifts easily off the tray.